GLIBC_2.34 version required for checks

Hi,

I have an “Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)” in our environment, today I added in to icinga2 and I am using check_by_ssh to monitor few things.

I can’t monitor the disk usage, cpu, memory, load because I haven an libc version requirement:
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34’ not found (required by /home/nagios/bin/check_cpu)

I checked and i have version 2.31 installed but I don’t have any new version for this debian:

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed?

Thanks!

Seems to me that since NAGIOS has been installed in a non-standard location (/home/nagios), you’ve most likely installed a version that’s not compatible with the OS you are running.

Additional info is required such as but not limited to:
OS version (either cat /etc/os_release or lsb_release -a)
NAGIOS version (icinga2 --version) (might be a good idea to include where you downloaded it from)

PS: It’s always a good idea to include the details requested in the new ticket template. Otherwise, it ends up delaying a solution to your question as people willing to help resort to asking for more info.

UPDATE: I may have shot myself in the foot. It’s not NAGIOS but rather the monitoring-plugins that appear to be installed in a non-standard location - namely /home/nagios. Normally, those get installed in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/ when installed via the package manager.

Hi Anthony,

OS versions:
Client side (where I have the presented issue):
PRETTY_NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)”
NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“11”
VERSION=“11 (bullseye)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye

Icinga server:
PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS”
NAME=“Ubuntu”
VERSION_ID=“22.04”
VERSION=“22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)”
VERSION_CODENAME=jammy

Icinga2 version info:
Icinga Web 2 Version 2.12.0
PHP Version 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.14
icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: r2.14.0-1)

The plugins on the server are installed to the original location with package manager, on the client side I am using the /home/nagios/bin location to store the check scripts and this location is configured on the checks, the problem not comes from here because I have servers where is working, where I have the issue is the debian 11.