Filter expression in sync rule doesn't work with null values

Hi all,

I configured an import data source (mysql) to import host with some attributes. I also defined 2 modifiers to get the ip-address to the given hostname. The sync - rule creates the hosts, based on the given attributes. This works fine but…

Some hosts (special devices) can’t be resolved by our DNS server and I have to define the IP Addresses manually in the director.
The modifiers in the import data source generate “null” entries for this hosts and the sync rule overwrites my manually defined ip-addresses while the next sync with the null values.

I thought no problem and defined a filter expression for the variable ip-address to exclude the ip-addresses with null values. Only for the property address (source: ${ip-address}, destination: address)

Set based on filter: yes
Filter Expression: ip-address!=null

I tried every possible variant for this expression for a day (something like !ip-address=null, ip-address!=“”), the null is not recognized! In the preview of my import data source the value for this special hosts is definitely “null”:

What can I do?

Cheers,
Heige

• Director version (System - About): 1.9.1
  • Icinga Web 2 version and modules (System - About): 2.9.5
  • Icinga 2 version (icinga2 --version): 2.13.2-1
  • Operating System and version: RHEL 7.9

Try ip-address=*. Though, this may or may not work either, depending on how the Director applies this filter and if your import source is a sql database.