Fatal error after some changes in time periods in director

Hello everyone,
i have problem with director, i have normally changed the time period in the icinga director and got this error :

it was weird since i didn’t do anything special, i have deleted the changes i have made in the config files (etc/icinga2/conf.d) but the error still here.
i have changed the memory-limit in the php file. but still no solution. any idea ?

the other parts of director are working fine, the error is only in " Get alerts when something goes wrong"

• Director version : 1.11.1
  • Icinga Web 2 version and modules : 2.12.1
  • Icinga 2 version : r2.14.2-1
  • Operating System and version:ubuntu 23
  • Webserver, PHP versions: apache2 , php8.1

i think you have some loop in your include exclude settings.

What’s the output of the following sql statement executed on your director database:

SELECT * FROM `icinga_timeperiod_include;

hello thanks for your reply,

mysql> SELECT * FROM icinga_timeperiod_include;
±--------------±-----------+
| timeperiod_id | include_id |
| 1 | 2 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

and the check command gives me this:
CHECK TABLE icinga_timeperiod_include;
±-----------------------------------±------±---------±---------+
| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |
| director.icinga_timeperiod_include | check | status | OK |

I only see one timeperiod.
what about the table icinga_timeperiod_exclude and icinga_timeperiod?

mysql> SELECT * FROM icinga_timeperiod_exclude;
| timeperiod_id | exclude_id |
| 1 | 2 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT * FROM icinga_timeperiod;
±—±-----------------------------------±--------------------±-------------±-----------------±--------±------------±---------±----------------+
| id | uuid | object_name | display_name | update_method | zone_id | object_type | disabled | prefer_includes |
±—±-----------------------------------±--------------------±-------------±-----------------±--------±------------±---------±----------------+
| 1 | 0x4D521C3DF53046B9B0F28BF6CDC21814 | Time-periode | Time-periode | LegacyTimePeriod | NULL | template | n | NULL |
| 2 | 0x98595DE65C1C461E8DCEEB7DD244E59D | Icinga_daily_notifs | NULL | LegacyTimePeriod | NULL | object | n | NULL |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

you include and exclude the same timeperiod?

if it is not critical you can remove the remove the entries in include and exclude and continue editing in director, it should work again

1 Like

i deleted both icinga_timeperiod_exclude and icinga_timeperiod_include using this command:
**DELETE FROM icinga_timeperiod_exclude WHERE timeperiod_id = 1 AND exclude_id = 2;
** DELETE FROM icinga_timeperiod_include WHERE timeperiod_id = 1 AND include_id = 2;
and “systemctl restart apache2”
it worked !! :+1:
thanks for your time.