Failing to find icinga package

Hello all,

I am writing a script for the installation of Icinga agent but I have troubles with the repos.
I have installed icinga half a year ago following the documentation and had no problems at all
but now when I try to install it I get

No match for argument: icinga2
Error: Unable to find a match: icinga2

Even though I have installed the icinga repo

Output from dnf install https://packages.icinga.com/epel/icinga-rpm-release-8-latest.noarch.rpm

[root@c8-agent1 ~]# dnf install https://packages.icinga.com/epel/icinga-rpm-release-8-latest.noarch.rpm
CentOS-8 - PowerTools [HEAD]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   72 MB/s | 2.6 MB     00:00    
icinga-rpm-release-8-latest.noarch.rpm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        123 kB/s | 9.5 kB     00:00    
Package icinga-rpm-release-8-4.el8.icinga.noarch is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

When I list the available repositories there is no Icinga repo listed…
I am not very familiar with the repo management so if anyone could help me I would appreciate it

Cheers,
Mike

The RPM you installed from that URL should have created this file, can you post the contents of it?
/etc/yum.repos.d/ICINGA-release.repo

There is no such file. I had the same issue to 2 more machines too, one of which was running centos 7.

I am using puppet on the machines so this might has to do with it(?)

That would be a good place to start looking - something else is manipulating file(s) you installed (rpm database still shows it’s installed, so I’m assuming an rpm verify will fail).