Execvpe ( ) failed: No such file or directory - Error

Hello all,

I’ve applied /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_website_response.sh Plugin supported by icingadirector for check eleven different websites. For four Sites I get correctly check answer but for seven further I get the error: “execvpe(/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_website_response.sh) failed: No such file or directory”. Ist this a timeout problem? Where can I increase this setting?

Hi,

can you share the configuration bits for these hosts/services?

For immediate troubleshooting, please inspect the check source where the check command would be executed. If that’s on a remote agent host, it has to be installed there as well.

Cheers,
Michael

2 Likes

Hi,

all the checks are configured as serviceset directly on my master
Command
Vorschau3
Service Template
Vorschau2
Service Set

And so on, same configuration for each service. “vars.website_response_url” is of course different for each website.

sudo -u nagios /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_website_response.sh -u https://www.xyz.de -w 1000 -c 2000 for each single site on CLI working correctly.

Cheers,
Andreas

Is there a pattern for the failing service objects, or is this at random? Can you enable the debug and extract all command execution lines for these services and post them here combined?

I currently have no idea what’s going on.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi,

your first idea was right.
I have ever to install my check plugins on both master instances.
Problem ist solved.

Thank You
Andreas

Hi,

You can also mark a post as solution, so the correct answer is directly shown under your post.