Displaying Scheduled Downtime for hosts without showing dependencies

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how I could achieve this or has done something similar:

I would like to display upcoming scheduled downtime (retrieved via API or SQL queries), but ignore any downtimes created due to being children of a host with downtime.

When scheduling downtime through IcingaWeb, if a device has child dependencies, it becomes a bit hard to read if that parent has multiple devices that are children of the device with scheduled downtime, and is not very clear that the downtime is due to the parent downtime.

We’d like to be able to display a top level view of upcoming downtime to remind our users - e.g. If I schedule downtime on a switch that has multiple devices parented to it, and tick the ‘Schedule downtime for child hosts’ in Icinga Web - I only want to display the switch and not child devices.

Hopefully this makes sense! :slight_smile:

I believe I’ve been able to solve this - we were looking at it the wrong way.

I’m running an older version of Icinga Web but we upgraded our dev instance and I can see in Director you can now add scheduled downtime objects with names etc - so this will work for our use case! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
Glad it worked out in the end for you and thank you for posting your solution :slight_smile: