Director Kickstart fails with 'Failed to remove external command'

• Director version: 1.10.2
  • Icinga Web 2 version and modules: 2.9.5
  • Icinga 2 version: 2.13.2-1
  • Operating System and version: RedHat 8.6
  • Webserver, PHP versions: 2.4.37, 8.0.13

I am working on a migration of a master server and I am running in numerous issues, which I fix one by one. I am stuck with error from the Director Kickstart Wizard. It complains that

Failed to remove External Command ‘some_command’, it’s eventually still in use (KickstartHelper.php:448)

I don’t understand what the problem is since I have not tried to remove it and I can see it configured in
/etc/icinga2/global-templates/commands<some_command>_mon.conf
/var/lib/icinga2/api/packages/director//zones.d/director-global/service-apply.conf
/var/lib/icinga2/api/packages/director//zones.d/director-global/host_templates.conf
/var/lib/icinga2/api/packages/director//zones.d/director-global/service_templates.conf

Where can I look further in order to troubleshoot this issue? Any hints are appreciated as apparently I am new to Icinga and got this project as legacy.

I think you removed a command from you icinga2 config.
If you run the kickstarter wizard it will look for changes and import the commands as external commands in the director database.
One of these commands it most likely used in a command /service or hosttemplate and therefore cannot be removed by the kickstarter.