Daemon problems with Icinga-vspheredb

Hello everyone, hope you are doing great.
So after installing vspheredb module according to this documentation :https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2-module-vspheredb/blob/v1.2.1/doc/01-Installation.md#modul-installation-or-upgrade
after that daemon didn’t work, so i runned this command to run deamon but still there are some problems: icingacli vspheredb daemon run --trace --debug

here is a screenshot :

i checked the API files, but everything looked fine.

• icinga2 (version: r2.14.2-1)
  • Google chrome
  • PHP 8.1
  • Ubuntu 23.04

If you really installed v1.2.1 of the module, like the docs links you posted shows, please updated the module - v1.7.1 ist the most recent version - and check if that solves your problem.

Thanks for your Answer, i upgraded vspheredb to the newest version, but the error still there:

Also “systemctl restart icinga-vspheredb.service” gives me this error:
Job for icinga-vspheredb.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status icinga-vspheredb.service” and “journalctl -xeu icinga-vspheredb.service” for details.

*systemctl status icinga-vspheredb.service : service is enabled

*journalctl -xeu icinga-vspheredb.service : the only error here is:
░░ The unit icinga-vspheredb.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.
Feb 19 09:31:47 icinga-VMware-Virtual-Platform systemd[1]: Failed to start icinga-vspheredb.service - Icinga vSphereDB Daemon.

After playing around a bit and i running daemon manually (
icingacli vspheredb daemon run --debug --trace), i got to this step:

i checked the permission of www-data and changed it ( with **chown ** to look like this :

Daemon looks working fine, and i got my Vcenter monitored, but couldn’t understand why i still have that error.

i will mark this as a solution.

Did you do alle the steps of the installtion script or did you just check out the new v1.7.1 version?

Here is an issue regarding exactly your error message:
https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2-module-vspheredb/issues/330

You can try adding the www-data user to the icingaweb2 group and see if that helps after restarting the daemon.

yes that’s exactly what i did, and worked after that thanks for your time.

1 Like