CURL ERROR: Failed to connect to 192.168.2.110 port 5665: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt (RestApiClient.php:143)

When trying to run the kickstarter I get this error message:

CURL ERROR: Failed to connect to 192.168.2.110 port 5665: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt (RestApiClient.php:143)

IP, Password, Port, Endpoint everything is ok. No firewall is enabled. Can someone help me out.

cheers

1 Like

I still can’t figure it out. API is also enabled.

1 Like

Hi,

this looks like an issue on the network level, i.e. the Director can’t reach the API.

What does a CURL call return?

curl -k -s -u root:icinga 'https://172.17.0.2:5665/v1'

(Change root and icinga to your username and password, also modify the IP for your needs.)

Are you running everything on the same host? If so you can try to use localhost or 127.0.0.1 instead.

Please provide more details about your setup. Which operating system you are using? Which version of Icinga 2 and Director are you using?

Best regards
Michael

2 Likes

Hi,

thanks for the response.

Did that but got an empty return.

Icinga2 and Icingawe2+director-module is installed on a virtual machine (Virtual Box) on my Mac. I’m accessing Icingaweb2 via Firefox on my Mac.

This is in my api-user.conf

object ApiUser “root” {
password = “a46553827604217a”
// client_cn = “”

permissions = [ “*” ]
}

cheers

Is Icinga 2 running? (systemctl status icinga2)? After you enabled the API feature (or running the node wizard, which enables the API feature) did you restart Icinga 2 (systemctl restart icinga2)?

Please try 127.0.0.1 as IP address during the Director kickstart wizard. This should work since every component (Icinga 2, Web 2, Director) is installed on the same host/machine.

1 Like

systemctl restart icinga2

and

127.0.0.1 as IP

did it for me. Thank you a lot!