Not sure if this is an icinga-web or icinga-director question.
I’m trying to use director to configure a fresh Icinga instance in my lab to get my head around it (panadol on hand). It’s literally my first day and I’ve got stuck with notifications.
I’ve got it monitoring a handful of hosts and services, but configuring email notifications are doing my head in.
I seem to be missing fields in icinga-director and icinga-web. How do I define an email address for a user created in icinga-web using the icingaweb2 user backend? I see nowhere to do it:
Should I be seeing an email field here?
Similarly, in Notifications, I seem to be missing fields. When compared to screenshots seen in this thread, I am missing the ‘Users’ field completely:
I’m guessing I’m missing some icinga or PHP module but I’m not sure what. Any ideas why I cannot define email addresses in web/director?
For reference, this is my “NT_Host” notifiication template:
- Icinga Web 2 version: 126.96.36.199
- Used modules and their versions (System - About): director doc incubator monitoring
- Web browser used: Tried both Firefox 98.0.2 and Chromium 99.0.4844.84
- Icinga 2 version used: 2.13.2-1
- PHP version used (
- Server operating system and version: Ubuntu 20.04 (Proxmox LXC container, from Proxmox repository)
I’ve successfully tested the ‘mail’ command from the slell so I believe that bit’s working when I manage to get Icinga actually send something.
So, what’d I miss?