Can't display services and hosts anymore suddently

Hi,

I suddently get this error on every webpage in ICINGA2 WEB GUI:

#0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Backend/MonitoringBackend.php(76): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Backend\MonitoringBackend::loadConfig(NULL)
#1 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Backend/MonitoringBackend.php(214): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Backend\MonitoringBackend::instance(NULL)
#2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/monitoring/library/Monitoring/Controller.php(29): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Backend\MonitoringBackend::createBackend(NULL)
#3 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ModuleActionController.php(28): Icinga\Module\Monitoring\Controller->moduleInit()
#4 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/ActionController.php(154): Icinga\Web\Controller\ModuleActionController->prepareInit()
#5 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(59): Icinga\Web\Controller\ActionController->__construct(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response), Array)
#6 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response))
#7 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(300): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(Object(Icinga\Web\Request), Object(Icinga\Web\Response))
#8 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(99): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch()
#9 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(String)
#10 {main}

Any ideas? Just errors ^

Apache, MYSQL and Icinga is running just fine. Tried running icinga2 daemon -C also, but no errors.

I see there’s no Monitoring Backend listed:

And I’m not really sure what to add in the field listed “Backend Name”

Also the icinga DB is up to date:

MariaDB [icinga]> select status_update_time from icinga_programstatus;
±--------------------+
| status_update_time |
±--------------------+
| 2020-11-03 14:09:34 |
±--------------------+
1 row in set (0.001 sec)

Br
Magne

Hi,

It looks like that during installation process you had some missing configuration, in this post from Step 19 https://icinga.com/2020/07/10/icinga-2-icinga-web-2-and-director-kickstart-on-centos-7/ you will see a guided step by step of the configuration of IcingaWeb2.

Please, check it out, and let us if this helped you.
cheers,