Business Processes : You are lacking permission to access service

Hallo.
I added a service to Business processes, but, when I Store, I obtain:

You are lacking permission to access service “…”

How could I investigate on this?
What is the problem?
Thanks a lot
Mario

icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: r2.13.1-1)

Icinga Web 2 Version
Git commit
c757a17530c326c7d6daebd6171486cb8167a8a1
PHP Version
7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8
Git commit date
2021-08-10

Modules:
businessprocess 2.3.1
director master
fileshipper 1.1.0
monitoring 2.9.3

1 Like

I don’t have much experience with the BP module, but are you using an admin account on Icingaweb2 to do this?

If not, you should log in as admin (or have your admin) check your permissions for that module.

If you do have permissions, I’m out of ideas :sweat_smile:

Yes, I am an admin
Note that other servives of the hosts, with the same command plugin, works.

I don’t understand which is the problem

Hallo.
An update.
I obtain the error only AFTER I execute Store.

Before I click on Store, I see that the service added to Business Process works.

It seems a permission problem when saving the BP

Hello @bisontim,
I would like to ask you to refrain from bumping topics this way :slight_smile:
If you don’t get a response to a topic, it’s usually because there wasn’t anyone who could help you at this point - especially if it hasn’t been much more than a day.
If you need more help with a topic and want to put it on the front page again, a good way to do so is giving an update on what you have tried since your last post to give people a few pointers.

1 Like

There are two possible reasons for this message:

1. Your user is restricted by monitoring/filter/objects and the host/service in question isn’t covered by it
  2. The host/service in question doesn’t exist anymore and is only still referenced by the process configuration

So, can you see/find the host/service in the respective list under Overview in the menu?

1 Like

Hallo
My user is an administrator user, so I see that service (e.g. RAM Utilization) on to Overview menu.

When I try to store (only when I store, because until I click store I see the object) on to a Business Process this is the result:

Thanks a lot

Okay, then my best guess is this: It’s seemingly the last node in the process that’s affected. Please take a look in the configuration file (/etc/icingaweb2/modules/businessprocess/processes/) and check if there are any trailing characters on the line for this node which do not belong to the name of the service. Please also check for any whitespace chars (e.g. a carriage return (\r) or something similar).

1 Like

Great !!!
There was a blank character (a space) at the end of the “Service” “RAM Utilization”
It was "RAM Utilizazion "
I changed to “RAM Utilization” and bump! It works!

Thanks a lot

Mario

1 Like