Automate icinga2-agent-kickstart.bash creation

Hello,

I am trying to automate the creation of icinga2-agent-kickstart.bash in order to download it directly to the target server and deploy it after setting up Icinga Agent. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

which signing mode would you like to use?

• Automated signing with the CSR setup ticket
  • On-demand signing on the master without ticket

It may also be sufficient to just use node wizard or node setup as CLI commands natively provided by Icinga itself, without the scripting overhead.

In order to automate things further, I’d suggest to also look into management tools such as Puppet or Ansible, which allow an even more easy deployment of agents.

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your response. I have a central Icinga server and

am trying to automate Icinga and Nagios plugins installation on
target servers. This includes transferring and running the
icinga2-agent-kickstart.bash script on the target servers. I would
like to know how to deploy this script using Ansible.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

in terms of Ansible, I would move the steps into a Playbook instead of just calling a script.

Further topics:

I’m not an Ansible user so others like @nicolaiB or @anon66228339 may post their examples as well.

Cheers,
Michael

@mark10 if you’re adventurous, you’re welcome to test https://github.com/tentwentyfour/ansible-icinga2/tree/development and give feedback, submit bug reports, perhaps even pull-requests ?!

I say experiment because while I’ve used it at a client’s already, it’s not issue-free, and it’s still missing tests and above all documentation.

1 Like