Ask Me Anything

Hello,

thanks for the ask me anything! It’s been a while since I had a deeper dive into Icinga, but I tried to follow development where possible.

Icinga for Windows

Icinga for Windows is the default and official supported solution for monitoring Windows environments and tools.

• Does this mean there will be no further development in Icinga 2 except for the Windows agent part? Are the Windows plugins considered to be deprecated?

• I don’t want Icinga for Windows and it’s dependencies on my systems since I want to keep the systems as minimal as possible. I only need the Icinga agent and the plugins. Are there plans to provide the PowerShell plugins as standalone, so one can use the plugins without the framework stuff?

• Currently one needs a hack to run PowerShell plugins. Are there plans to support this out of the box?

Icinga Vagrant Boxes

• The last update to these demo environments is ~ one year old. Will they be updated in the future to show new products like IcingaDB?

Contributor Agreement

• Why one needs to sign a CLA now?

• Why was there no clear communication? No announcement in the blog, via email or here.

• If one don’t want to sign the CLA what happens?

• Are past contributors required to sign the CLA as well for previous contributions? What if one declines to sign?

Best regards
Michael

3 Likes