Adding reporting module

Hi, new to Icinga, and while I’ve able to add hosts etc and monitoring is work fine, I’m really confused about how to install the reporting module so I get get some historical reports out. I’ve read the installtion section, but cant seem to work out how to get past the “Install it like any other module” as I can’t seem to find any simple instructions that say howto dio this. I did find ( and try) this https://icinga.com/blog/2019/06/17/icinga-reporting-hands-on/ and while this did show up in the icingaweb2 modules, it just display a lot of errors, so I suspect is out of date. Any help for a newbe welcomed.

Just to get this right: You’ve noticed that this is a link leading to Modules - Icinga Web ?

Yes, we have Icinga web2 deployed and working, e.g. we can and are monitoring hosts, so I guess my question is, where do I get the reporting module from, and how does one install it. I’ve Googled and read lots of pages, but I must be missing the first step, e.g. installing the module, (its probably obvious, but I’m clearly missing something.)

Thanks

Just follow Johannes’

and choose for example the “Sample GIT installation” :slight_smile:
In the link that you referenced there is also the link to the github project which you can clone.

ta, that worked adn I was able to install the reporting module and ir appears in web console of Icinga, but when I do anything, I get this error

Uncaught Error: Class ‘ipl\Web\Compat\CompatController’ not found in /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/reporting/library/Reporting/Web/Controller.php:9
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/ClassLoader.php(303): require()
#1 [internal function]: Icinga\Application\ClassLoader->loadClass()
#2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules/reporting/application/controllers/ReportsController.php(18): spl_autoload_call()
#3 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/ClassLoader.php(303): require(’/usr/share/icin…’)
#4 [internal function]: Icinga\Application\ClassLoader->loadClass()
#5 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call()
#6 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/Controller/Dispatcher.php(55): class_exists()
#7 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Front.php(937): Icinga\Web\Controller\Dispatcher->dispatch()
#8 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/Web.php(300): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#9 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(99): Icinga\Application\Web->dispatch()
#10 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(

#0 [internal function]: Icinga\Application\Web->Icinga\Application{closure}()
#1 {main}

any idea what this means?

I think you might be missing some requirements for the reporting module.

Check, if you have all needed packages/modules installed :slight_smile: