Reconfigure Icingaweb2

Is there a way to reconfigure Icingaweb2, new token, new mysql data, new Admin etc. ?

Hello there,

I’m afraid that I don’t understand what you are asking…
Do you want to re-run the installation wizard?
There is a Configuration Chapter in the documentation that could help you as well :slight_smile:

Have a nice day
Feu

Yes! I want to run it again! How can I do this?

My problem is, that the login password is obvisualy not correct so I can’t log in to icingaweb2.

You can also add a new user into the database directly or change the password of an existing user
See https://monitoring-portal.org/woltlab/index.php?thread/39206-reset-change-icingaweb2-password/&postID=240576#post240576

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t see it where I can set a new password for the Icinga Admin User.

No offend, but maybe you should hire a icinga partner to get things done right. All of your postings make me feel you have only litle knowledge about basic linux/monitoring/databases.

No offend, but if you don’t know how to set a new password for the Icinga Admin User why do you anwser? :wink: I do not make this for a living.

1 Like

You can restart the wizard. Just enable the setup module again (icingacli module enable setup) and visit /icingaweb2/setup (or whatever base url you’re using). Then you generate a new token and continue as before.

4 Likes

@anon66228339 please keep it civil :slight_smile:
this forum is also for users that just want to run Icinga in their private environments and especially for people who just need a little help - without purchasing support :slight_smile:

@bricasti I’ll research whether and how it can be done without reinstalling Icinga in a moment :slight_smile:
Edit: Looks like Johannes was faster than me here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I was looking for.

1 Like

I have reconfigured icingaweb2 several times. Just like I have done it before. But every time the same error, I can’t log into icingaweb2. “Invalid password or username”. I looked into the database and the username is there. The password is of course hashed. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Have you tried changing the password by changing the password hash inside the DB like describe in the link in post#5?

this unfortunately does not work because in

“SELECT password_hash from icingaweb_user where name = root;
-> $1$EUJCvbry$3zDPZ14RJpNyk7ai5ghBF1”

parts of the hash are covered.

I’ve tried it with

"
sudo htpasswd -c /etc/icingaweb2/.http-users icingaadmin
"
But this doesn’t work either.

This error occurs only since icingaweb2 has the new graphic when logging in. Until recently it never occurred.

this unfortunately does not work because in

“SELECT password_hash from icingaweb_user where name = root;
→ $1$EUJCvbry$3zDPZ14RJpNyk7ai5ghBF1”

parts of the hash are covered.

a) Sorry, but what do you mean by “covered”?

b) Have you actually tried changing the password as documented, and then
logging in with the new password?

I’ve tried it with

sudo htpasswd -c /etc/icingaweb2/.http-users icingaadmin

And did you try it with “openssl passwd -1 -salt EUJCvbry new_password” ?

Antony.

This:

$1▒I]y▒▒▒$cPFEN47/AT.UW/r9YxG2E3

Yes, I did.

Yes, I did.

Please check if the charcter set of your terminal is correct.
I just tried it with a freshly set up icinga2 servre with MySQL and Putty (Character set = UTF-8) and don’t get any strange characters.

I can sort of confirm that the “covered” look resembles what I saw that one time when I blundered my charset A LOT… :thinking: