Icinga2web: Credentials to setup ADO-Mysql database

Hello there!

I usually ask people to mark one of the replies as the ‘solution’ to a topic, but it looks like a very iterative process here…
Having a dedicated solution helps others, with similar issues, resolve the problem quickly.

It would be totally awesome, if you could write a quick summary of what you did to solve this and mark it as the solution. Would you be willing to do that? :slight_smile:
Maybe the repetition also helps you understand the process better? :innocent:

Anyway, I’m glad you worked through it!
Have a nice day,
Feu

The initial problem was that I couldn’t determine which user account to do the icingaweb installation.
Summary of the installation up until actual issue occurred:

1. mysql_secure_installation script for mysql was run
  2. a mysql database named icinga2 was setup
  3. a user was setup to access the database named icinga2
  4. privileges to modify the icinga2 database were granted to another user icinga
  5. Error reported was in the database setup screen saying “the provided credentials cannot be used to grant all privileges to the login”

The issue was solved as follows:

1. The IP address of the server hosting icinga was provided in the database resource setup screen.

2. Permission was granted to icinga2 to modify the icinga database remotely as below. The user account that this setup permission is to be granted to can be found in the /etc/icinga2/features-enabled/ido-mysql.com file.

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, CREATE VIEW, INDEX, EXECUTE ON icinga2.* TO ‘icinga2’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘somepassword!’;
    GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, CREATE VIEW, INDEX, EXECUTE ON icinga2.* TO ‘icinga2’@‘192.168.6.199’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘somepassword’;

3. A new user icinga_install was created on mysql and granted permissions to create databases.

4. Remote connections were enabled in /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf. One has to look for the bind address: bind-address # e.g.: bind-address 192.168.6.19 Make sure, that it is set to the IP you want it to be available at. In this case 192.168.6.19.

@anon66228339 and @homerjay, if there is anything inaccurate or omitted please amend.

1 Like