Unable to Login after doing a Fresh Install

Hi ,

I am have been trying to setup Icinga2 and Icingaweb2 for a couple of days and I am stuck. I have done the setup to point where I did the setup wizard and it said it was successful. However whenever I try to login I am getting incorrect user or password. I have checked the database and even created a new user and and did some testing still without success. I am not seeing errors. Can I get some assistance with this please? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

to give you better advices is it possible to show us some configuration files of your icingaweb2? Or did you check the files if they are correct? like /etc/icingaweb2/authentication.ini /etc/icingaweb2/config.ini /etc/icingaweb2/resources.ini /etc/icingaweb2/roles.ini
What is your configured authentication method?
Did you turn on the logging from icingaweb2? https://icinga.com/docs/icingaweb2/latest/doc/03-Configuration/#logging-configuration

Hi Stevie,

I am using DB as the authentication, attached are the configs. I ended logging but I am not seeing anything in the log file.

icingaweb2_info.txt (1.1 KB)

I compared your config with ours. The only diffrence I can see is in your “resources.ini”. We don’t set the option
use_ssl = “0”
but we set
charset = “utf8”

Thanks for the Advice… Its working now. I made the changes recommended and also created a new account manually in the database. I am new to Icinga and would like to monitor and get bandwidth and reporting from the application. Any recommendation?

You’re welcome.

You could take a look to the checks “check_nwc_health” and “check_interfaces”, if you can check this through your switches.