Unable to install the ICINGA Report module

Hi Team,

I’m in a new to this tool. We have successfully installed and configured ICINGAweb2 and able to login to the console, able to add the devices and all but we need the reports for all the added devices so i’m trying to installing the reporting module but unfortunately getting the below error. Can any one help me to resolve this issue.

Please

Cloning into ‘reporting’… git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey) in icinga

Regards,
Pranav R N

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me on this issue.

Regards,
Pranav R N

That’s a git error it looks like. What command are you running, and what’s the full output of the error?

Please remember to format your post according to these guidelines for readability.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the below command that i’m executing.

git clone git@github.com:Icinga/icingaweb2-module-reporting.git reporting

Regards,
Pranav R N

1 Like

Command works fine for me (direct copy and paste); still seems to be something with your git setup.

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. While installing the icinga i was used the below command for repository configuration.

deb Index of /ubuntu icinga-focal main
deb-src Index of /ubuntu icinga-focal main

The icinga is installed on ubuntu OS.

Can you please suggest is there any other repo command for ubuntu or not.

Regards,
Pranav R N

You can try
git clone https://github.com/Icinga/icingaweb2-module-reporting.git reporting

1 Like

Hi Feu,

Thanks for the command and it works fantastic. But although after creating the database and provided all the permission then i have executed the below command to import the schema but unfortunately getting the below error. Kindly help me on this.

ERROR: mysql -p -u root reporting < schema/mysql.sql
bash: schema/mysql.sql: No such file or directory

The below document URL which i’m refering.
https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-reporting/latest/doc/02-Installation/

Regards,
Pranav R N

In which directory are you running the command?
Because it is trying to import the schema that lies in reporting/schema/mysql.sql and since schema/mysql.sql is a relative path it matters where you run it - so try again while in the reporting directory.

PS: I just want to clarify that this here is a community forum where users help other users - so there really isn’t a “team” here - just a bunch of people that use Icinga and want to help each other. :slight_smile:

Hi Feu,

Yes, Thanks for the info. I’m trying to execute this command from root. What i did i was created the database and provided the all the permission to the database so after that i’m trying to importing the schema using the below command.

mysql -p -u root reporting < schema/mysql.sql. But getting the error. Then I created the folder in /etc/schema and created the file called mysql.sql. After that i execute the below command and it showing completed but when i go and checked the file it is showing 0KB.

Can you please suggest is there any other way to install this reporting module.

I’m refereeing the below links.

https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-reporting/latest/doc/02-Installation/

Regards,
Pranav R N

As I said, it’s not in the root of your system but in the reporting module.
It needs to take the schema from there.