Sum of multiple value

Hi,

I am currently setting up a monitoring system that tracks the number of people connected to the Aerohive Wi-Fi hotspots.

I would like to make a total of this value for all APs, would you have any ideas to implement this please ?

Thanks

Hi,

It’s difficult to make a generally valid proposal. Because it depends on your hardware and which query options are possible? API? SNMP?
If your hardware supports snmp you have too look in the definition if there is a complete summery or only a count for each AP. If last one you can do a snmpwalk in a script and after summery the result

I agree with @stevie-sy, i implemented this kind of things, and you heavily rely on what is shown to you thought various means.

I can only advise you to test, benchmark and validate carefully metrics for each couple of firmware/vendor you’ll setup since quality and choices made in implementation may change from one vendor/firmware to another and create unexpected behaviours in monitoring (missing oid, device not priorizing nms in processing, etc ).