Strange behavior on FreeBSD

I actually playing around with a new installation and noticed a very strange behavior.
Everytime i reload the configuration on the master (no director, just plain textfiles) my 2 FreeBSD agents stop to work, process is gone, no error.
If i restart the process, it stoppes immediatly, throw a error this time

Assertion failed: (!posix::pthread_mutex_unlock(&m)), function unlock, file /usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp, line 70.
Caught SIGABRT.
Current time: 2020-10-05 20:35:14 +0200

If i restart the servies a second time, it starts and working properly until the next master reload.

Environment: FreeBSD 12.1 P10, Icinga2 2.12.0, boost_libs 1.72.0_2. Both are installed from standard packages.

Anybody an idea?
Thanks

Addition:
i switched on debuglog on one of the FreeBSD hosts and done some tests:
It only happens when i change something in global-templates. I can change anything in the different zones, even the hostfile itself - no problem. As sone i change anything in global-templates, even if it had nothing todo with the FreeBSD Agent, it stopped working.
Last entry in the debuglog:

[2020-10-06 10:39:38 +0200] notice/Process: Running command ‘/usr/local/lib/icinga2/sbin/icinga2’ ‘daemon’ ‘-e’ ‘/var/log/icinga2/error.log’ ‘-c’ ‘/usr/local/etc/icinga2/icinga2.c
onf’ ‘–validate’ ‘–define’ ‘System.ZonesStageVarDir=/var/lib/icinga2/api/zones-stage/’: PID 23875
[2020-10-06 10:39:39 +0200] notice/CheckerComponent: Pending checkables: 0; Idle checkables: 0; Checks/s: 0

I checked for accessrights, no problem here, all files belonges the icinga user.

Hello @Gavilaan and thank you for reporting!

We’re working on this.

Best,
AK

2 Likes