A beta version of SNMPTT 1.5 is available at www.snmptt.org. This version adds IPv6 support, sub-second spool folder processing, snmpttconvertmib enhancements and many bug fixes. If you are interested in testing, please give it a try and let me know if there are any issues. I’d really like to see some more people testing IPv6 support.
There’s also a new section in the documentation on integrating with Icinga.
- Added support for IPv6. To enable, set ipv6_enable = 1 in snmptt.ini.
- Added support for sub-second sleep for spool folder processing.
- snmptt.ini can now be located in /etc/snmptt and is searched for at this location first.
- Fixed a bug with daemon_uid that prevented SNMPTT from starting on FreeBSD (bug 47).
- Fixed a bug where traps arriving with the hostname set to UNKNOWN were not being handled properly (bug 46).
- Fixed a bug with MATCH which was preventing it from matching integers properly (bug 41).
- Fixed a bug where the agent IP address was not handled correctly when it was received from Net-SNMP as IpAddress:x.x.x.x (bug 27).
- Fixed a race condition bug with snmptthander and snmptthandler-embedded which could cause traps to be missed. Spool files are now immediately locked after creation using flock(). If flock() is not supported, the spool file will be created with a temporary filename and then renamed after closing.
- Fixed a bug with wildcard_expansion_separator which caused an issue when using wildcard separators that were longer than one character (bug 38).
- Fixed a bug where quotes were not properly removed from some incoming traps.
- Fixed bug with debug mode that was causing some debug mode output even when debug mode was off.
- Fixed a bug where DNS resolution was not working for enterprise variables when net_snmp_perl_enable was disabled.
- Changed net_snmp_perl_best_guess default from 0 to 2 as any modern system should support this. See FAQ and snmptt.ini for details on this variable.
- Enabled Perl warnings to help ensure code is following best practices.
- Ran code against Perl::Critic to find non-optimal code. Made various adjustments such as relacing bare words with variables and changing open() calls from two arguments to three.
- Documentation was converted from html to markdown to make it easier to maintain and a full review was completed. Many improvments have been made including a new section on integrating with Icinga. The docs folder now contains .md, .html and .epub versions of the documentation.
- Added --exec_file option to allow you to provide an EXEC command inside of a file instead of specifying on the command line. Useful for commands that include quotes so that you don’t have to worry about escaping on the command line. Also allows you to define multiple EXEC lines instead of just one.
- Added --exec_mode option to allow you change how the EXEC line is built. Setting to 0 will append the format line to the end of the line (default). Setting to 1 does not append the format line to the end of the line. This is useful if you have added $Fz to the --exec line so that SNMPTT can replace it with the FORMAT line. Setting to 2 is similar to 1, but instead of SNMPTT having to replace $Fz with the FORMAT line, snmpttconvertmib will do the substitution[/list]