Setup a second master with Icingaweb2

Hi all,
I am trying to expand our cluster with a second master.
First we had 1 master in master zone and 2 zones with 2 Sats each.
I already installed the second icinga2 master with a separate DB on it. I don’t want to struggle with a DB cluster right now (no time, maybe later) so in the ido config, enable_ha is set to false. This part seems to run ok. Both masters get the results as far as I can see.

But after installing Icingaweb2 on the second master, I noticed, that I have different results in both icingaweb2 views. I think, it’s because the Icingaweb2 DB is new and has not set the ACKS, which are already set in the first master. Anyway, ACKing a service on the first master, also ACKs it on the second.
So what is the best practice to install Icingaweb2 to have the same results on both masters?
I also would like to keep both icingaweb2 instances in sync to each other (including config, roles, modules etc.) How are you guys doing this?

Cheers,
Marcus

Both icinga masters have to use the same database, no matter if it is a db cluster or a single instance.

Regards,
Carsten

I found somewhere in the forum (here or at monitoring-portal) that it is also ok, to have 2 masters with their own local installed DB and enable_ha = false in the ido config. So the masters both just write the results in their own db and the icingaweb2 on each master uses it. is this not ok anymore?

Edit: I have just configured the two DBs to a mariadb master-master replication cluster and told each Icingaweb2 instance to use their local icinga2 DB as IDO backend.

There was a discussion about that here: Icinga2 highavailability not working as expected

I think most people using a single mysql server (like me) or a mysql cluster.

I believe, that you will end up with different database content after a while and i have no idea which impact this will have. That said, im interested if someone has long time experience with this approach.

I believe, that you will end up with different database content after a while and i have no idea which impact this will have. That said, im interested if someone has long time experience with this approach.

yeah that’s why I am using a master-master replication now.
We will see, how good or bad this decision was :smiley: One thing I don’t like so far, is to be not able to select the IDO master.