Only host-alive checks work with Icinga2 Director setup

So i have been trying to use some other checks for quite a while now. Problem is that any of those always return UNKNOWN - check_nwc_health timed out after 45 seconds
I dont really understand the issue here, as this plugin is preinstalled/configured right?
i also dont really know how to go any further from here, as i looked through all parts of the director, and the way i understand it, is that you dont have to configure it manually bc the director does it for you, am i right?
Any help would be great, i think iam just missing a logical step here, or atleast i cant see the bigger picture from where iam rn.
If you need anything regarding my environment/config, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, and stay healthy.

• Director version: ??

• Icinga Web 2 modules:
    director doc incubator migrate monitoring setup test translation

• Icinga 2 version: r2.13.3-1

• Debian 10

• Nginx as Webserver

• PHP versions: 8.0

Does anyone have a clue on why that is, or how i can fix this?

Plus: I read into the docs regarding “working with agents” → they say you have to import THE agent template, but there is none preconfigured. Are these docs outdated, and if yes, where can i inform myself about all these informations

Best Regards,

first of all, decide where the check should run

1. on the icinga-master-node? → agent =no
  2. on any other device where icinga is installed and paired with the icinga-master-node ? → agent=yes

nagios/check_nwc_health uses snmp to connect. → I assume that you do not want an agent connection

check your communty string and the priviliges on the deviceToCheck, check connectivity, firewall.

try to execute the check manually via console/bash

And where do i put the community string? Im working with director and i dont see a option for it. As well as the option where the command should run, if i manually enter the neccessary code part into the config it will be overwritten by director right?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

… and report back :slight_smile: