New install

Hi, All
We currently have a master icinga server and 7 icinga ciients that reports into the master server,
I have added another client, i see in the icinga log that it is communicating with the master, but the check that i added remains pending on the master and does not update on the new client
i can telnet both ways from the client to the master on port 5666, 5665, 22
i can also telnet both ways from the server i want to monitor to to new incinga client on port 5666
any idea what i a missing

Hi & welcome to the community :slight_smile:

First, please pick a category for your topic, #community doesn’t fit in this regard, better pick #icinga-2-core or similar. I’ve edited your topic now.

Second, please add more verbose details which allow others to understand your problem. Be it versions of Icinga involved, configuration details and also the logs you’re seeing on your screen.

Right now, I don’t know what’s going on with your system.

Cheers,
Michael

Icinga (version: 2.11.0-1)
OS Platform version: 7 (Core)

My issue is i am not seeing anything on incingaweb for the server i want to monitor

So i have created the config file on the master

vi /etc/icinga2/zones.d/xxxxxxxx…com/hosts-linux.conf

i reload the icinga2 service on the master
and i see it transfers the config to the new client that i built

vi /var/lib/icinga2/api/zones/xxxxxxxx…com/_etc/hosts-linux.conf

when i check my master server icingaweb
it says
PENDING
since Oct 22 10:38
Soft 1/6

if i run the test on the new icinga server, it completes
/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H x.x.x.x -c check_load -a ‘-w .15,.10,.05 -c .30,.25,.20’
OK - load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05|load1=0.000;0.150;0.300;0; load5=0.010;0.100;0.250;0; load15=0.050;0.050;0.200;0;

but on the new icinga server nothing displays for the server i want to monitor
and the check remains on pending on the master