Modules ok in icingacli but showing version 0.0.0 in icingaweb2

Hi guys!
I’m currently trying to add the vSphereDB module to my “fine-running” Icinga2 2.7.3 / CentOS7.8 platform.
The vSphereDB install procedure says it requires extra modules ipl, incubator and reactbundle, so I ran their respective install procedure one after one. It seemed to be Ok, at least according to icingacli :
[root@ICINGA2 ~]# icingacli module list
doc 2.7.3 enabled Documentation module
incubator 0.5.0 enabled Incubator provides bleeding-edge libraries
ipl v0.3.0 enabled The Icinga PHP library
monitoring 2.7.3 enabled Icinga monitoring module
reactbundle 0.7.0 enabled ReactPHP-based 3rd party libraries
translation 2.7.3 enabled Translation module

However problems appeared when I then tried to play in IcingWeb2 : If I go to Configuration > Modules > ipl, it shows the module as “enabled” but the version number is “0.0.0”, the description field is “This module has no description” and the dependencies field says iy has no dependency. Same story with incubator and reactbundle.
I tried to force-add vSphereDB, but it doesn’t work, the VMware menu shows up among the others in the left bar, but it doesn’t work complaining about the dependencies that are not met or something alike…

Thinking it was related to PHP, I tried various version updates, PHP module adds, checks and so on, passed hours googling, but after a week without success I’m turning mad. Any idea or clue that might help me fix that ?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.


Last time, I forgot to mention: This is a single master/2 satellites setup, but at the moment I’m only working on the master. I believe this has no importance though…
Last developments :

  • I’ve set SELinux to permissive, in case of… But same issue
  • I’ve set DEBUG logging level in /etc/icingaweb2/config.ini, as follows :
    log = “file”
    level = “DEBUG”
    file = “/var/log/icingaweb2/icingaweb2.log”
    then rebooted the host.
    Same problem, and no log or so. At least nothing valuable to help me fix that.
    Back at the starting point, nothing in messages, httpd logs, icinga2 logs, and all other logs I’ve checked, no clue, and no idea of what’s going on…
    Again, if anyone has got any idea or advice to get some logs, you’re welcome.
    In the meantime, I’m reinstalling a complete machine to check wheteher I duplicate the problem or not.
    Best regards,


did you add the apache and icinga user to the icingaweb group?


Hi Carsten!
Thanks for your reply.
apache was, but not icinga. So I added it, but no luck, it was still failing.
So I reinstalled everything, including the OS (So the delay before I reply…). Cool enough, the new 2.8 version was installed, including php73 that I paid attention to install correctly.
Also in my current platform, I installed Icinga2 using a user tuto found on the web. This time, I used the official procedure from the doc repos. So no excuse! :slight_smile:
And in the end it… FAILED!!! Same issue, version 0.0.0 showing in icingaweb2.
Finaly, your suggestion aiming in access rights direction, I went further that way. And I found this :

ll /usr/share/icingaweb2/modules

total 0
drwxr-xr-x. 9 root root 114 Jun 21 20:07 .
drwxr-xr-x. 7 root root 80 Jun 8 16:07 …
drwxr-xr-x. 6 root root 124 Jun 13 04:16 doc
drwxr-x—. 4 root root 157 Jun 21 19:41 incubator
drwxr-x—. 5 root root 193 Jun 21 19:36 ipl
drwxr-xr-x. 7 root root 136 Jun 13 04:16 monitoring
drwxr-x—. 4 root root 157 Jun 21 19:43 reactbundle
drwxr-xr-x. 5 root root 71 Jun 13 04:16 setup
drwxr-xr-x. 5 root root 70 Jun 13 04:16 translation

For these 3 modules, access rights for ‘others’ were set to ‘—’ due to my default umask settings. I changed them to 755, and tadaaa! It works, I now can see the modules version in IcingaWeb2, and I can now proceed with vspheredb install.
So thanks for the idea/guidance and have a nice day!

1 Like