Missing arguments in command-plugins-manubulon.conf

This morning when I ran an “apt update” and reboot on the Icinga2 server, I was welcome with a ton of UNKNOWN messages for “snmp-interface” and “snmp-storage”. After some detective work, I found out that I had included some arguments in the past to the file, /usr/share/icinga2/include/command-plugins-manubulon.conf, and that the patch update overwrote those changes.

Is it possible that the following arguments can be included?

object CheckCommand "snmp-interface" {

arguments += {
                "-q" = {
                        description = "Extend perf that will check the error and discard input/output"
                        set_if = "$snmp_interface_extperf$"
                }
       }
}

AND

object CheckCommand "snmp-storage" {

arguments += {
                "-r" = {
                        description = "Do not use regexp to match NAME in description OID"
                        set_if = "$snmp_noregexp$"
                }
        }
}

Did you wrote this definition for your environment? In our it is not present.
if yes, it is better you write your own command defination in a global Zone. So it is safe from changes by update.
if you think everybody could interested in this check commands you could do a merge request on GitHub and the devs will look on it und if it’s ok they merge it for the next update.

2 Likes

It appears that they have already merge the argument for “snmp-interface” in https://github.com/Icinga/icinga2/commit/381c454d382342954cd6b06926e7155108b1aa49

1 Like