Icingaweb2 issue on CentOS 6.9 after upgrade from 2.5.3 to 2.6.0

Hi,

We tried upgrading icingaweb2 from 2.5.3 to 2.6.0 on CentOS 6.9

But i am seeing this error on accessing icingaweb2 portal, after i did the upgrade
Fatal error: Method Icinga\Web\Widget\Tabs::__toString() must not throw an exception in zend.view:///usr/share/icingaweb2/application/views/scripts/dashboard/index.phtml on line 3

ErrorException in /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/Icinga/Web/View.php:116 with message: Use of undefined constant ENT_SUBSTITUTE - assumed ‘ENT_SUBSTITUTE’ #0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/Icinga/Web/View.php(116): Icinga\Application{closure}(Integer, String, String, Integer, Array) #1 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/Icinga/Web/View/helpers/url.php(59): Icinga\Web\View->escape(String) #2 [internal function]: Icinga\Web\View{closure}(String, String) #3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/Icinga/Web/View.php(189): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array) #4 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/Icinga/Web/View.php(276): Icinga\Web\View->callHelperFunction(String, Array) #5 zend.view:///usr/share/icingaweb2/application/views/scripts/authentication/login.phtml(28): Icinga\Web\View->__call(String, Array) #6 zend.view:///usr/share/icingaweb2/application/views/scripts/authentication/login.phtml(28): Icinga\Web\View->qlink(String, String) #7 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/Icinga/Web/View.php(259): include(String) #8 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/View/Abstract.php(877): Icinga\Web\View->_run(String) #9 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(904): Zend_View_Abstract->render(String) #10 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(925): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->renderScript(String, NULL) #11 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ViewRenderer.php(964): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->render() #12 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(272): Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_ViewRenderer->postDispatch() #13 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/Zend/Controller/Action.php(518): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->notifyPostDispatch() #1

What am i missing here?
Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Icinga Web 2 requires at least PHP version 5.6. You seem to be still below 5.4?

E: On a more helpful note…

PHP v5.6 is mandatory since Icinga Web v2.6.0. For rhel-based distributions not providing PHP v5.6 or later it is required to include the redhat software collections. (Detailed here)

1 Like

Thank you Johannes for taking time to respond.
The php -v on my centOS 6.9 gives 7.0. Prior to this we were running icingaweb2 2.5.3 which also requires php >= 5.6. Is there a way to confirm if icingaweb2 after upgrade is not using the right php version?(assuming there are multiple php versions on the system)

Thanks
Abhishek

Look into the apache configuration file, and verify that it is talking to PHP FPM. The latter needs to load 7.0 then. If that’s not the case, highly likely the package update did not override this config.

Cheers,
Michael

Thank you Michael. The PHP FPM which the apache was talking to was 5.3.3.I will upgrade it to 5.6 and then try this out.

1 Like