ICINGA2 error adding client

ICINGA Director version 1.6.2
ICINGA2 version 2.6.3

I am trying to add my first windows guest to the monitoring. I went to Icinga Director > Host > Agent Tab & downloaded Windows Kickstart Script which is giving below error while I run it on windows guest.

=============================================================================
PS C:\Users\schaud02da\Desktop> .\at.ps1
Notice: Started script run…
Notice: Trying to fetch Host IP-Address for hostname: chi-vmtest01.atkearney.com
Notice: Setting IP 10.90.224.34 as primary IP for this host for all requests. Access it with &ipaddress& for all JSON requests.
Notice: Using Icinga version “2.6.3”, setting certificate directory to “C:\ProgramData\icinga2\etc\icinga2\pki”
Notice: Found Icinga 2 Agent version 2.6.3 installed at “C:\Program Files\ICINGA2”
Warning: Icinga 2 Agent will not be installed. Argument -InstallAgentVersion is not defined.
Notice: Generating Host certificates required by Icinga 2
Notice: information/base: Writing private key to ‘C:\ProgramData\icinga2\etc\icinga2\pki\chi-vmtest01.key’.
information/base: Writing X509 certificate to ‘C:\ProgramData\icinga2\etc\icinga2\pki\chi-vmtest01.crt’.
Notice: Storing Icinga 2 certificates
Notice: information/pki: Writing certificate to file ‘C:\ProgramData\icinga2\etc\icinga2\pki\trusted-master.crt’.
Notice: Certificate fingerprint: “79E882253E6DD723BC79DDABDCF567F58525EAF5”
Warning: CA fingerprint validation disabled
Notice: Requesting Icinga 2 certificates
Fatal: Exception calling “generateCertificates” with “0” argument(s): "critical/cli: Certificate request for CN ‘chi-vmtest01’ is pending. Waiting for approval from the parent Icinga instance.
######## The script encountered several errors during run ########
Fatal: Exception calling “generateCertificates” with “0” argument(s): "critical/cli: Certificate request for CN ‘chi-vmtest01’ is pending. Waiting for approval from the parent Icinga instance.

First of all:

This is a really old version, I would suggest updating to the latest stable version of Icinga 2 (2.10.5).
Here is the link to the docs with the official Icinga repository: https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/02-getting-started/#setting-up-icinga-2

Check your master for pending certificate requests and approve them.
https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/06-distributed-monitoring/#signing-certificates-on-the-master

2 Likes