Icinga2 core installation on linux

Hi

Could you please help on the below issue?

I am trying to install icinga2 core in linux (Red hat). I am using icinga2-2.11.0.tar.gz to install. When I tried to configure using Cmake below error has been thrown. I already installed cmake and openssl (openssl-1.1.1b.tar.gz ). I do not have root permission nor sudo. We are using technincal account. Based on the below error message I tried to create openssl.sh file under /etc/profile.d/openssl.sh to set path to openssl. But, I do not have privileges to write file under /etc folder.

Please help me in resolving the below issue.

Here we can not use apt-get or Yum commands for installation

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES) (found
version “1.1.1b”)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindOpenSSL.cmake:303 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
CMakeLists.txt:174 (find_package)

Thanks&Regards
srinivas

I don’t think you’re going to be able to install without root privilege.

What is a “technical account”?

Antony.

Please use the official packages from packages.icinga.com. Source installations are not supported.

Technical account is created by customer for us. This technical account is mapped to linux server on which we can access one folder to install packages. For instance, with tehcnical account “Icinga” we can access the linux server like sudo su - icinga. But without root or sudo permissions.

Ok thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, in our environment we can not install icinga in default paths, we need to install any apps in a custom directory which has been dedicated for all applications.

Any suggestions?

With regards,
Srinivas

Use the SRPM, extract the spec file, adopt paths and rebuild the RPM package then. Keep in mind that you need to do that on every new version, and you’ll also need to maintain your own package repo or distribution mechanism.