Icinga Director Deployments & Activity log director_generated_config : column not found

Hello Team,

We would need your support please, We have done the below setup with the following versions on one of RHEL 7 instance.

• Director version (System - About): 1.10.1
  • Icinga Web 2 version and modules (System - About):
  • Icinga Web 2 version : 2.11.1
  • Modules: director -1.10.1 , incubator - 0.19.0
  • icinga-php-library:0.10.0 , icinga-php-thirdparty - 0.11.0
  • Icinga 2 version (icinga2 --version): r2.13.5-1
  • Operating System and version: RHEL 7 : uname -a : 3.10.0-1160.76.1.el7.x86_64
  • Webserver, PHP versions: Apache/2.4.6 & PHP Version 7.3.33

In the icingaweb2 UI director while checking the deployments & Activity Logs :

We are getting this below errors:

• SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘0x’ in ‘field list’, query was: INSERT INTO director_generated_config (duration, first_activity_checksum, last_activity_checksum, checksum) VALUES (?, 0x, 0x, 0xb175ca0562434deeb4fb1fc03fd80cd7361b56df) (Pdo.php:225)

But director_generated_config table is exists in the director Database.

MariaDB [director]> show tables;
±--------------------------------------+
| Tables_in_director |
±--------------------------------------+
| director_generated_config |

MariaDB [director]> select * from director_generated_config;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [director]>

Can any one help us here to resolve this issue…

Your support would be much helpful.

Many Thanks,
Ravi Davu

Update the Director to v1.10.2 and the issue will be gone:
Unknown column ‘0x’ in ‘field list’ on initial director import · Issue #2630 · Icinga/icingaweb2-module-director · GitHub

I have installed the director 1.10.2 & restarted all the components : icinga2, mariadb, php73 , httpd & icinga-director services.

But still the same error. I am not able to deploy the changes. Not sure what is been missed.

• SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘0x’ in ‘field list’, query was: INSERT INTO director_generated_config (duration, first_activity_checksum, last_activity_checksum, checksum) VALUES (?, 0x, 0x, 0xb175ca0562434deeb4fb1fc03fd80cd7361b56df) (Pdo.php:225)

Could you please help me what could be the issue.

All pending schema migrations have been applied?

Did you update a previously existing installation or was this a completely fresh setup?

Hello, Thank you. I found the issue… Problem is with the charset = “utf8” for icingaweb_db… in the resources file. /etc/icingaweb2/resources.ini

Once i remove this utf8… and kept it as blank : charset = “” and restarted the icinga2, php73, httpd & ran the “icingacli director kickstart run”… It is successful now.

Hence this can be closed.

Many Thanks for your kind support please.

1 Like