Hello, I want to check some Devices on Clients like /dev/sda and so one. There is a script on the clients under the Nagios plugins check_device.sh. The result should be whether the device is available or not. For more Information please send a message or Does anyone have a tip on how I can implement this on the Icinga Master
First off, you need a transport method, e.g. an agent on that host which can execute the script. In this case, I’d suggest to setup an Icinga 2 client and connect it to the master host. To get a better picture, please check the distributed monitoring docs first
You’ll need to prepare the master with the
node wizard CLI command, and then install the agent for a Linux host.
Since you’re using a custom plugin script, you’ll also need to define a new CheckCommand definition on the master (e.g. in the global zone named
global-templates) and let that sync to the agent too.
It also might be a good idea to just install the monitoring plugins package and use
check_disk. The CheckCommand for this is already provided in the Icinga Template Library (ITL) as disk.
- Prepare the master for distributed setups
- Generate a ticket for the agent’s FQDN
- Setup the agent with Icinga 2
- Optional: Create a new CheckCommand for your plugin script and put it onto a global config sync zone
- Define a service apply rule which uses the
command_endpointexecution method on the agent
- Define the host object for this agent on the master