Graphite stats empty after switching to IcingaDB

Dear all, I have switched to IcingaDB which works excellent, except the graphite graphs are not displayed. The Graphite Writer seems up and running. Just the graphs are not displayed under IcingaDB - when I switch off the monitoring module, the menu item of Graphite remains with the two empty sub menu items hosts and services. Switching back on monitoring module to the parallel usage with icingadb the are displayed again. I can trigger the same behaviour through chosing “Use Icinga DB As Backend” on the “Preview this in Icinga DB” while being in the Graphite menu item. However the IcingaDB backend will display all the hosts and the services nicely, it just won’t render the graphs. What might be the reason? What am I not getting here? :thinking:
This is our setup:

• Icinga DB Web version (System - About): 1.0.0-1
  • Icinga Web 2 version (System - About): 2.11.1-1
  • Web browser: Firefox 101.0.1 (64-Bit)
  • Icinga 2 version (icinga2 --version): r2.13.4-1)
  • Icinga DB version (icingadb --version): 1.0.0-1
  • PHP version used (php --version): 7.4.30
  • Server operating system and version: Debian GNU/Linux, 10 (buster), Kernel version: 4.19.0-21-amd64
  • [2022-07-13 13:02:57 +0200] information/ConfigItem: Instantiated 1 GraphiteWriter.
  • Enabled features: api checker graphite icingadb ido-mysql mainlog notification

Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

Switching to Icinga DB should actually not make a difference at all to what is sent to graphite. The graphite schema is still the same.

This also means, the graphite module uses the same queries to fetch the graphs no matter if for the monitoring module or for Icinga DB Web.

Though, you didn’t mention the version of the graphite module. The latest release v1.2.1 is required for support with the final release of Icinga DB Web and if you don’t have that, it could very well explain this situation.

Thanks for your quick reply! This is somewhat embarrassing, I still was at 1.2.1… :roll_eyes: Thanks for the help and have a nice day!

1 Like