- generally we’re sending notifications only if this is explicitly requested (by change)
- for hosts where a kind of “SLA” is set to 24x7 a mail-notification to a SMS-gateway will be sent for an oncall-duty-team when the CRITICAL hard-state is lasting > 20 minutes (hosts and services) or changes back to OK
- currently the default notification-settings are not modified (all status-changes etc.)
- What parts of Icinga for windows do you use?
- Which are the painpoints?
- Why not use it if you have windows?
- What could we improve upon?
Icinga for Windows looks to me being too complex and has too much releases within a short period of time. I’ve been seeing many complains and issues about it here and too much open issues even very old at github.
- Didn’t know about it
- No use case for me
And which kind of information do you miss in the Reporting module?
(Apart from SLAs, do you need graphs? What would you like to see in those graphs?)
- Others logging tools
And would you like to have those logs be shown in Icinga Web - and which ones / which timeframes?
- Left you feedback
- Worked fine
- On my To-Do List
- Maybe when it’s released…
We are in the process of designing a new solution based on Icinga and OpenSearch. We’d highly appreciate an icingaweb-module for OpenSearch Dashbaord.
What do you think about being able to format output with Markdown in your own plugins?
- Yes Please!
- Can’t say yet
- Not comfortable
- No interest
More about it on our website!
- Got great answers
- Existing topics helped me
- Not very helpful
- I don’t use the forum much
This lacks an option like “I could help others” for those that are here to help primarily and to get help secondarily.
I didn’t really take that into account
Have you checked out Icinga on Gartner?
- Already left a review
- I read them
- I’ll check it out
- Not interested