EventCommand: When service Critical and acknowleged

Hi All,
I want to define an Eventhandler, which should execute, when the service is CRITICAL and when the service is acknowledged. I know that I have to set “service.state_id eq 2” for the critical part, but what is the acknowledge part?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

service.acknowledgement is the runtime attribute as can be seen via API. This holds the following values:

• 0 - None
  • 1 - Normal
  • 2 - Sticky

Meaning to say, everything greater 0 is fine.

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

Thanks Michi.
I don’t get it working yet. Who is executing the eventcommand? the master or the check_source satellite?

Hi,

the zone and endpoints who feel responsible (“authoritative”) for it, e.g. when the host object is in the satellite zone, this will be the target. If you’re using a command endpoint check on a service for instance, the event handler will be executed remotely on this endpoint, similar to the service check.

Cheers,
Michael

Hm…I am sitting here and wondering why it seems that the Handler is never running. Then I read this:

That means for currently critical hard states, the event handler will never run right?

OK -> CRITICAL (SOFT 1) -> CRITICAL (SOFT 2) -> CRITICAL (HARD 1) -> CRITICAL (HARD 2) -> ..... -> OK (HARD)

The transitions in a SOFT state will trigger the event handler, ongoing SOFT states, and the first HARD state change with CRITICAL (HARD). Ongoing hard states will not trigger the event handler (HARD 2 is not fired), except for the HARD OK recovery.

Cheers,
Michael