Director Endpoint in a HA-Master Setup

Hi,

I have a Setup with 2 Masters (1 config) master and a webserver with mysql+icingaweb+director.

My question is what to specify as endpoint in the director config. since i only want to use my webserver for icingaweb and the db, should i put my master in there?

Greetings
ghost

Yes, endpoint is where your config master goes. This is where the Director will direct its API-calls to for updating configuration.

Best,
Daniel

Ok understood, but know i have the issue that my hosts are not shown up in icingaweb2. is it possible to see monitoring hosts/services in icingaweb2 if the master itself is not on the icingaweb-server?

Thank you

Please be more specific. What do you mean by “my hosts do not show up in Icingaweb2”? Did you configure host objects in *.conf files and expect them to show up as objects inside the Director? This is not possible. The director kickstart wizard imports endpoints, zone configuration and external check commands from the ITL, but that’s it.

Best,
Daniel

Hi,
Thank you as always @dbodky,

No i didnt configure Hosts in hosts.conf, since i manage all hosts via director. i configured a host via director and it does not show up in icingaweb2.

i guess i have configured the wrong endpoint since im deploying to master, but have my icingaweb as endpoint.