Delay between notifications

Hello!

I have some problem with SMS notifications. When my host or service goes into hard state, an alert is triggered - an entry in the log:
[2020-01-19 22:01:25 +0300] information/Notification: Sending 'Problem' notification 'Icinga!IT service SMSnotificationS01' for user 'username1'
[2020-01-19 22:01:25 +0300] information/Notification: Sending 'Problem' notification 'Icinga!IT service SMSnotificationS01' for user 'username2'
[2020-01-19 22:01:25 +0300] information/Notification: Sending 'Problem' notification 'Icinga!IT service SMSnotificationS01' for user 'username3'
how can I observe the sending of notifications starts at one moment for everyone, but my script does not cope, is it possible to implement sending sequentially? Or set a delay between each notifications?

Hi,

unfortunately there is no way I am aware of to configure a delay between sending a single notification to multiple users. Indeed there are ways to delay an entire notification, but this will only shift the problem.

If the script can’t cope notifications that are fired at the same time you have to edit the script.

Since you mentioned SMS notifications I have another approach in my mind. It seems that you have a notification configured that notifies three users at once. You can configure some sort of escalation as described here:

https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/03-monitoring-basics/#notification-escalations

Best regards
Michael

1 Like

thx for answer! ok, i will try make script more able.