Customer var for load not really working

Hi,
I have set the following load parameter in /etc/icinga2/zones.d/master/services_default.conf
apply Service “load”{
import “generic-service”
check_command = “load”
command_endpoint = host.vars.client_endpoint
vars.load_wload1 = 15
vars.load_wload5 = 17
vars.load_wload15 = 19
vars.load_cload1 = 21
vars.load_cload5 = 23
vars.load_cload15 = 25
assign where host.vars.host_group == “ep-production-middle”

}

and in /etc/icinga2/zones.d/master/production/prodmiddle1.conf

vars.host_group = “ep-production-middle”
vars.load[“load”] = {}

But this monitor is flapping. between the value above and the default values ?
Does anybody have an idea whats going on here???

Hi,

I just saw it a few weeks ago when someone reached out to me with the same problem. Do you have 2 load services enabled for that host by any chance? Maybe you include the conf.d/ directory and therefore have 2 load services applied. One uses the default thresholds and the one with the custom thresholds.

Depends a bit on the setup but this sounds very suspicious. :slight_smile:

Best,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,
jeep this was also my first thought but there is no additional service for the load :frowning:

Hi,
I found the problem. On the client “hostgroup = ep-middle” the was also a service file under /etc/icinga2/conf.d. I removed the file and now it OK.
My question now: Why das the client use the local config???

1 Like

Maybe the entry in icinga2.conf to include conf.d was still intact. With using the node wizard CLI command, this gets disabled in newer versions.

Hi,
yes you`re right. The was an entry in icinga2.conf with "include_recursive “conf.d”.

Can I comment this out on all Servers without any problems?

For command_endpoint agents, we recommend to comment/remove this include directive, yes.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for you answer :+1:

Sorry, should have made clear that I assumed the include of the conf.d folder to be present on the clients, not on the master nodes. Glad you have resolved your nonetheless. :slight_smile:

1 Like