CSS error after IcingaWeb2 2.10.1 upgrade

Hello all,

I read here multiple topics, but without any solution. We have problem after upgrade of IcingaWeb2 - CSS not working. Did anyone have some idea how to fix it? Thank you for any idea.

Only error: Someone messed up our responsiveness hacks, html font-family is Times New Roman

• Icinga Web 2 version

• Used modules and their versions (System - About)
    director 1.6.2
    monitoring 2.10.1

• Web browser used
    Google Chrome

• Icinga 2 version used (icinga2 --version)
    version: r2.13.3-1

• PHP version used (php --version)
    PHP 7.3.33

• Server operating system and version
    CentOS 7

• icinga.css

Operation on an invalid type
#0 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Expression.php(51): Less_Tree_Operation->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#1 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Call.php(44): Less_Tree_Expression->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#2 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Expression.php(51): Less_Tree_Call->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#3 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Value.php(26): Less_Tree_Expression->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#4 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Rule.php(73): Less_Tree_Value->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#5 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Ruleset.php(91): Less_Tree_Rule->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#6 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Tree/Ruleset.php(91): Less_Tree_Ruleset->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#7 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lib/Less/Parser.php(185): Less_Tree_Ruleset->compile(Object(Less_Environment))
#8 /usr/share/icingaweb2/library/vendor/lessphp/lessc.inc.php(130): Less_Parser->getCss()
#9 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/LessCompiler.php(230): lessc->compile(’\n\n:root, :host …’)
#10 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/StyleSheet.php(218): Icinga\Web\LessCompiler->render()
#11 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Web/StyleSheet.php(258): Icinga\Web\StyleSheet->render(false)
#12 /usr/share/php/Icinga/Application/webrouter.php(60): Icinga\Web\StyleSheet::send(false, false)
#13 /usr/share/icingaweb2/public/index.php(4): require_once(’/usr/share/php/…’)
#14 {main}

… 07143em;
vertical-align: 0.05357em; }

• icinga-php-library.noarch
    0.9.0.3.g7d42148-0.20220617.1704.el7.icinga

• icinga-php-thirdparty.noarch
    0.10.0.17.g529bb2a-0.20220617.1708.el7.icinga

try to deactivate icinga director for moment → this verison is most likely not compatible with icingaweb2 2.10.
If the error is gone make a backup of your director database/ files or whatever you need to undo what will happen next:
Update Icinga Director to the latest version, update incubator to the latest version.

After disabling director module - everything act same.

I was also trying to switch to some other themes in WebUI, but all themes have same issue.

I found my issue:

/usr/share/icinga-php/ipl/asset/css/fontawesome.css line 104:
left: calc(var(–fa-li-width, 2em) * -1);

icingaweb2-vendor-lessphp.noarch can’t go through this line with “*”

You seem to not use the master of icingaweb2, but you’re installing icinga-php-library off of a Github release.

Have you just looked whether there is a Github release for icingaweb2 as well and expected icinga-php-library to work just fine since there was none?

Or have you installed icingaweb2 by package, but icinga-php-library not. Why not?

I am using standard icingaweb2-vendor-lessphp.noarch package for CentOS7 from Icinga official repository.

That’s a sub-package of icingaweb2 itself, not the icinga-php-library.