Create multiple services from one check result

Hi!

• Version used (icinga2 --version)
  • Operating System and version
icinga2 - The Icinga 2 network monitoring daemon (version: 2.13.2-1)
System information:
  Platform: openSUSE Leap
  Platform version: 15.3
  Kernel: Linux
  Kernel version: 5.3.18-150300.59.54-default
  Architecture: x86_64

Build information:
  Compiler: GNU 7.5.0
  Build host: unknown
  OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.1d  10 Sep 2019
  • Enabled features (icinga2 feature list)
Disabled features: compatlog debuglog elasticsearch gelf graphite icingadb influxdb livestatus opentsdb perfdata statusdata syslog
Enabled features: api checker command ido-pgsql influxdb2 mainlog notification
  • Icinga Web 2 version and modules (System - About)
Icinga Web 2 Version 	2.10.0
Git commit 	f1dc03fd8553fe58ef85ca6fb607fe2922c3e078
PHP Version 	7.4.6
Git commit date 	2022-03-23
  • Config validation (icinga2 daemon -C)
    [2022-04-05 09:58:10 -0300] information/cli: Finished validating the configuration file(s)

• If you run multiple Icinga 2 instances, the zones.conf file (or icinga2 object list --type Endpoint and icinga2 object list --type Zone) from all affected nodes

I’m using centron plugin for sonicwall snmp to monitor some appliances, i have a scenario with 3 appliances and IPSEC VPNs betwen then and to a cloud provider…

I have made some changes to monitor only the necessary, avoid unwanted resource usage on network and the sonicwall appliance but i believe that sonicwall can’t handle the number of snmp requests and the processing needed to answer each one…

I dont have problems while checink cpu, net, mem with snmp, but in order to check IPSEC VNP status the plugin is requesting the status of all vpn’s and filtering the output for the one i want, but in some cases i’m checking 10 VPNs…the check command receives a <Timeout exceeded.><Terminated by signal 15 (Terminated).> response due to the lack of response from sonicwall appliance…

I was hoping to do one check execution and from the output (that contains all vpn’s info) create one service for each vpn… is it possible?

This is the command that is being executed:

/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/centreon-plugins/centreon_plugins.pl --privpassphrase notsofast --subsetleef 20 --snmp-version 3 --snmp-username justauser --snmp-timeout 90 --snmp-force-getnext --snmp-autoreduce --range-perfdata 1 --privprotocol AES --authpassphrase notsofast --plugin network::sonicwall::snmp::plugin --opt-exit critical --mode vpn --hostname 192.168.3.251 --filter-name VPN-NAME-EXAMPLE --change-short-output No vpn found.~VPN down. --authprotocol SHA

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, see:

https://icinga.com/docs/icinga-2/latest/doc/03-monitoring-basics/#using-apply-for

Best,
A/K

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of feedback…

With this specific plugin we are using an apply rule were we set the names of vpn’s we want to monitor and the services are correctly created…but looking into the check command it self, all vpns status are requested and the one we have requested is filtered from the command output…

So, if we monitor 2 vpn’s, this process would be done 2 times

• Check command would request all vpns status
  • Filter out the one we need
  • Do it all again for the second vpn

In our scenario we had ~14 vpns per sonicwall appliance…

I didn’t found a solution for this… we end up configuring a ping check to monitor the communication between sites, but any tips/suggestions are appreciated…

Thanks!