Communication Problem in Master/Satellite Setup

Hello Everyone
I am relatevely new to Icinga2 and im trying to set up a Master/Satellite setup. I did my zones.conf and the api.conf. But i now have a message in my Logs of the Satellite node which looks suspicious.

information/IdoMysqlConnection: Last update by endpoint ‘UBUICI2’ was 7.70692s ago (< failover timeout of 30s). Retrying.

I have this message every 7.7s. To me it looks like a communicating issue between the master and the satellite but i really dont know where the problem is.

My Zones.conf on the satellite:

/*

• Generated by Icinga 2 node setup commands
  • on 2023-03-02 15:29:35 +0100
    */

object Endpoint “UBUICI2” {
host = “192.168.XXX.XXX”
port = “5665”
}

object Zone “master” {
endpoints = [ “UBUICI2” ]
}

object Endpoint “ubuici3” {
}

object Zone “satellite” {
endpoints = [ “ubuici3” ]
parent = “master”
}

object Zone “global-templates” {
global = true
}

object Zone “director-global” {
global = true
}

My api.conf

/**

• The API listener is used for distributed monitoring setups.
    */
    object ApiListener “api” {
    accept_config = true
    accept_commands = true
    bind_host = “Satellite_IP”
    ticket_salt = “salt”
    }

My Icinga version is: 2.13.6-1

Does someone have an idea why this is happening? If you need more informations please ask and i’ll provide them.

Best Regards xl3von

I now took the host attribute of the master out of the zones.conf file because the master already connects to the satellite but still the same message.

Yes, definitly. Your master connects to the satellite’s MySQL. This does not make sense at all.

information/IdoMysqlConnection: Last update by endpoint ‘UBUICI2’ was 7.70692s ago (< failover timeout of 30s). Retrying.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Icinga is doing things as they are configured.

1 Like

Nice one so you won’t try to help me?

Why have you enabled the ido-mysql feature on your satellite at all? Run icinga2 feature disable ido-mysql on the satellite to turn it off and restart icinga2.

2 Likes

You’re right i realized it too. This happenned because i transformed my Master/Master to Master/Satelite and forgot to turn it off. Thank you very much and have a good day.