Code logic of sending out recovery after downtime

Hello,

Since Icinga 2.11, notification suppressed during downtime are sent when the downtime ends. I think it’s that feature that resulted in:

• It’s 2:00 am.
  • plan downtime for host and services till 04:00 am.
  • Do work
  • See that related services are also going into error. Planned downtime. This may or may not be before/after a notification is sent out.
  • Work is done.
  • Dashboard is green
  • It’s 03:00 am.
  • Sleep.
  • Woken up with a phone text message at 04:00 saying ‘recovered’.

Looking at FireSuppressedNotifications(), I can’t quite match this with the documentation “Once the downtime ends and the problem state is still intact , Icinga checks whether a re-notification should be sent immediately”. The code seems to collect recovery messages for later sending, but that’s not a ‘problem state’, right?

(also, I don’t quite see how the compiler won’t complain about uninitialized booleans there)

I wanted to mention it here instead of Github right away, because it’s likely I misunderstood something, and the feature already had a somewhat ‘rich’ history. Fact is however, that we did get those recovery messages after downtime ended, waking me up for now reason.

Works as intended. A user who received a problem notification shall also receive a recovery one.